Canadian Permanent residents who are outside Canada and can not return due to loss or expiry of their Permanent Resident Card, can apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD)to return to Canada.

Permanent residents who fulfill the residency obligation can obtain the PRTD. Otherwise, the application is considered on H & C grounds.